Me Made May 17 – week three round up

Three quarters of the way through Me Made May and we are on the home straight!

Day 15

Despite a brief glimpse of sun last week, we were back to pretty much constant rain by Monday. I wore by navy striped ponte Sew Over It Molly dress from their City Break collection. This is another super comfy dress that is so easy to throw on. Bonus round though, I went to my dance fit class in the evening and wore these fab leopard print leggings that I made from the  Simplicity 8212 pattern.

Day 16

Keeping with the leopard print theme, I wore my batwing dress that I pattern tested for  Kommatia Patterns. Jasmine got in on the action that day too!

Day 17

I wore my fab Tilly and the Buttons Zadie dress with contrast colour blocking on Wednesday. This is another super comfy dress that is really easy to wear and dress up or down.

Day 18

Finally the sun came out on Thursday so I decided to wear my self drafted rayon maxi skirt with one of my Colette Patterns Sorbetto tops. I lengthened this version and used the beautiful border on this broderie anglaise as the hem.

Day 19

I don’t work on Fridays so wore my Thread Theory Lazu trousers to run some errands in. The weather was nice again so it was good to get some sun on my ankles! I also got some sewing done and made the Sew Me Something Rosalind pyjama bottoms in a lovely cotton lawn. I will photograph these shortly!

`

Day 20

I had a very productive sewing weekend. I made four tops and my pj bottoms and cut out two skirts ready to go! Not sure where all of this sewing energy came from but I made the most of it. Probably my favourite make of the weekend is my new Grainline Studios Linden sweatshirt. The fabric is the softest Robert Kaufman double jersey that I bought from Sewn in their closing down sale. The reverse is a cream colour and I used this to appliqué a star on the front of the sweatshirt. I did lots of testing as I wanted to make sure that the jersey wouldn’t stretch out of shape. I love it so much that I have just bought up the last of this fabric so that I can make a replacement, should anything happen to this one! (Anyone else do this?!!)

Day 21

I had another lovely day of sewing and wore one of the tops I made on the Saturday – it is a vest based on the Tilly and the Buttons Agnes top. I love the fit of the Agnes and as I usually find vest patterns don’t fit well, I used the Agnes top as a jumping off point. I scooped out the back by three inches and curved in the arm holes. I omitted the neckband, as I wanted to try out my new coverstitch machine. It worked out really well and I think I will make lots more in navy and black. The fabric I used for the toile was from Girl Charlee. I wore the vest with my Closet Case Patterns Morgan jeans (when I wasn’t wearing my pjs!)

Not including all of the new things I have made this weekend, I still have tonnes left in my handmade wardrobe that I haven’t worn yet this month. I’m really hoping the weather stays nice so I can get out my summer dresses next week!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *