Seamstress gauge – Imperial
Use me to
• Quickly measure 1/4″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 1″, 1 1/2″ and 2 1/2″ using the shorter edges. Perfect for when you’re pressing up hems, adding seam allowance or measuring seams or other small bits.
• Measure anything up to 4 inches with the long edge at the bottom.
• Make markings such as buttonholes, darts, pleats, tucks etc.
• Find the right seam guide lines on your machine or create a new seam guide line with some tape or a magnetic seam guide. You can choose from a 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 or a 1 inch seam allowance. Just carefully drop your needle in one of the holes, then turn the gauge towards you so that it’s vertical and at a right angle with your machine. The long (4″) edge now lines up with the line you need to follow on your machine when you’re stitching. If your machine doesn’t have any lines you can stick some tape along the long edge of the gauge to create a seam guide or simply attach a magnetic seam guide to your machine along the long edge of the gauge. Carefully remove the gauge and you’re good to go!
• Draw parallel lines when you need to lengthen or shorten your pattern. Or use the dots to mark buttonholes at a right angle by lining up the dots with the edge of your project.
Look after me
To keep your Seamstress Gauge in mint condition you want to treat her with care. Use a damp cloth to wipe clean any smudges and avoid contact with harsh cleaning products. Use the case for safe storage and be cautious with hot surfaces. And last but not least, do not drop, bend or lose her!
4″ X 1 1/2″ X 1/8″
8 in stock