- Christmas jumper in a day workshop!
December 5, 2021
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for some festive fun to create your own personalised Christmas jumper in a day!
- How to sew with sweatshirting
- How to use cuffing
- Fit and construction advice from our resident experts
- Design tips to embellish your jumper
- How to use a Cricut machine to cut out and apply iron on vinyl
We will provide the following:
- Your individual paper pattern copy of the Tilly and the Buttons Billie Sweatshirt or the Jalle Patterns Laurent Pullover (suitable for adults and children)
- Fabric of your choice to make your jumper
- Matching thread
- A sewing machine, access to one of three overlockers and all sewing tools
- Access to Cricut Design Space and our Cricut machine
- Iron on vinyl in a variety of colours
- Festive trimmings
- Teas, coffees and festive treats (please bring your own lunch)
We will send you out your pattern and fabric in advance and, as it will be a jam-packed day, you will be required to cut out your fabric in advance so that we can begin construction at the workshop.
This course is suitable for those with previous sewing experience at a confident beginner level or above.
The is a one day course and will run on Sunday 5th December from 10:30am until 5:00pm
About our teachers:
Specialising in fit, over the last 20 years Serefina has honed multiple skills in the fields of fashion & costume – working as a tailor and pattern cutter for luxury fashion and simultaneously as a corset maker and costume designer for cabaret, burlesque and drag.
For the past 8 years she has been passionately teaching her knowledge in pattern making and fit- both to individuals and to companies such as Harrods, Asos and Monsoon as well as start ups and small businesses.
In 2018 she was the pattern designer for Tilly and the Buttons and it was here that her love of sewing merged with digital and since then the self proclaimed ‘analogue girl’ has gone on to create Fina Makes; an online pattern cutting tutorial brand.
Sarah is the owner of Like Sew Amazing and is an experienced dressmaker who is passionate about teaching others the joy of sewing and crafting!
Example picture provided with permission from Joy at Pink Coat Club!
16 Whitehouse Street, Bedminster, Bristol, Bristol, City of, BS3 4AY, United Kingdom