Rosalee dress review

Summer and maxi dresses go hand in hand for me! I have actually been frustrated with the lack of summer maxi dress patterns available in previous years and had resorted to hacking my own, therefore when I found out Experimental Space were releasing one this summer, I jumped at the chance to pattern test it so I could get my hands on it sooner!

As with the other Experimental Space patterns, it is the quirky details that really make them stand out. In the case of the Rosalee dress, it is the cut out back and the glorious deep pockets that really make it!

I chose to make my test version out of a cotton lawn – I used the lovely khaki based Kinza cotton lawn. It was great to work with and nice and cool and breezy to wear.

Andrea’s instructions are great – she really walks you through any of the trickier steps, such as creating the cut out back and using French seams.

I was initially worried that the straps were going to be too wide and would slip off my shoulders but it actually sits really nicely and I love the deep v at the back. I know the bodice has been altered just slightly since the version I made so the fit should be even better.

I really love that Andrea has included three different skirt hem lengths on the pattern so you can choose yours based on your height. I wish more pattern companies would do this.

Overall, I’m really happy with it – its lovely and cool to wear and the fit is nice and flattering without being overly fitted. I would love to make a swishy viscose version next!

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *